Apple & Bell Pepper Tuna Salad
Enjoy a light and creamy dressing for canned tuna fish.
- 1/2 large organic Granny Smith apple, diced small
- 1/2 cup organic celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup organic baby arugula or spinach, roughly chopped
- 2, 5-ounce cans tuna in water, drained
- 2 large colored bell peppers
- 2/3 cup + 2 tablespoons nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh sqeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Steps / Method
- Using a food processor, add greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and process for 20 seconds until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add diced apple, celery, sunflower seeds, arugula or spinach, and tuna. Stir to combine. Add in 1/2 cup dressing and mix until well blended. Add in more dressing as needed until desired creaminess. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare peppers by slicing off the stem then slice the pepper in half half from top to bottom. Deseed and remove the white membranes.
- Stuff each pepper half with prepared apple tuna salad. Enjoy!