Two-minute biscuits are a great source of quick protein offering a fast breakfast option. There is no compromise in nutrition with this convenience food.
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon butter or ghee, softened
- 1 large egg
Steps / Method
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, flaxseed meal, sea salt and baking powder.
- To this mixture, add butter or ghee and using a fork, mash together until small crumbles form.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg then add to dry crumble mixture. Mix well to combine.
- Grease a 4" ramekin and pour in biscuit mixture.
- Microwave on high for 55 seconds or bake in oven at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove from cooking appliance and allow to cool slightly before taking biscuit out of ramekin.
What You Eat Matters...
Two-minute Biscuits are a great source of quick protein, offering convenient whole food nutrition. As a stand alone breakfast option, eggs provide protein, flax seeds and coconut flour provide fiber. They are naturally gluten free, plus Paleo and Keto approved. I highly recommend paring this biscuit with fruit at breakfast or a salad at lunch, rounding out the macronutrients for a balanced meal.