Spicy Asian Cucumbers
Elevate cucumbers with a spicy Asian flavors. Pairs perfectly with grilled meat.
- 3 large cucumbers
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (or chili oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Steps / Method
- Prepare cucumbers by slicing lengthwise, scoop out seeds and cut into 1/2-inch slices.
- Place cucumbers in a colander, sprinkle with salt and allow to drain for 30 minutes. Shake off excess salt but do not rinse.
- Whisk coconut aminos, white sugar, garlic, rice vinegar, sesame oil, hot sauce and red pepper flakes in a salad bowl. Stir in cucumbers to coat with dressing. Chill for 2-3 hours. Stir before serving.
What You Eat Matters...
Growing cucumbers often provides high yields, leaving room for creativity on how to use them when in season. This recipes elevates cucumbers with a spicy Asian flavors. Pair this side dish with grilled chicken, fish or beef steak.