Refreshing Watermelon Salad
This watermelon salad is the perfect refreshment for a hot summer day. It's easy to throw together and full of flavor.
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, julianned
Steps / Method
- In a small bow, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and salt. In a large serving bowl, combine watermelon, cucumber, feta, red onion and mint. Add dressing and toss to coat. Add to fridge to set flavors and chill slightly. Garnish with flaky sea salt if desired.
What You Eat Matters...
This watermelon salad is the perfect refreshment for a hot summer day. It’s easy to throw together and full of flavor. Plus, watermelon is very hydrating as its 92% water. Feta cheese offer protein in this dish. Fresh mint offers a burst of flavor and is naturally energizing both in smell and taste.
What should you look for in picking a sweet watermelon? Here are two simple tips to remember:
- Look for a yellow spot on the rind. Yellow ensures it was picked when ripe.
- Choose one heavy for its size.