Cauliflower, Tomato, Basil Salad with Lemon Dressing
An easy salad that blends roasted and fresh vegetables with a light but refreshing dressing.
- 1 head organic cauliflower, small florets
- 1/2 pint organic cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup basil, fresh, julienned
- 5 ounces (1 bag) organic spinach
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Steps / Method
- Preheat over to 400 degrees F.
- Spread cauliflower out over a baking tray lined with baking paper and drizzle over half the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes or until just turning crispy and brown on the edges. Remove and set aside until cooled completely.
- Place cauliflower in a small bowl with the tomatoes, walnuts and basil. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and season with a little extra salt and pepper, then toss around to combine.
- To serve up the salad, place baby spinach in your bowl/plate then top with your cauliflower mixture. Serve with remaining lemon dressing.
What You Eat Matters...
Roasting cauliflower brings out a natural sweetness that compliments the fresh vegetables in this dish. The simple dressing of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper offers a light and refreshing flavor. A great dish to compliment an Italian meal, or bring a bowlful to a summer picnic.